Are We Connected?

Posted by Brooke at 10:30 AM

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

This past weekend I was on a trip with my husband. This trip was nothing but long walks, eating out and lots of time to stare in one another’s eyes and rekindle the love. But what I ended up doing was much different that I had planned. I spent the entire time trying to get my hubby to talk to me. Now don’t get worried, he was not ignoring me or anything, he just wasn’t being talkative. In my mind, this trip was going to give us a to chance reconnect, to catch up on all of the missed moments since life has gotten so busy. Instead it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of him. He would answer simple questions with simple answers, but nothing more. As the weekend crept on, I felt myself becoming more and more upset.

So like a good student of marriage education, I went back to what I have learned in past marriage classes. Dr. Pat Love (of our Dr. Love Blog) has taught me that women talk to connect, and that men have to feel connected to talk. So, I asked my dear sweet spouse what it was going to take to help him feel more connected. To my surprise, he said he didn’t know that we weren’t. That was a shocker. Here I was, all weekend, thinking that we were so far apart and he said that he thought we “are doing great.” Ahhh, does the madness never end when it comes to men and women’s differences?

So the question is, what is the definition of connectedness between a man and a woman? And who defines it.

Any takers on this one?

- The Working Wife

0 comments: